Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by EDMONDO SENA <ed...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/19 12:41:03 UTC

Re: getAppender

Hi Ralph,

The example below that you mentioned I've got  null.
Is right the casting to LoggerContext?

LoggerContext context = (LoggerContext) LogManager.getContext(false);
FileAppender appender = context.getConfiguration().getAppender("LoggerLog4jDebug");
System.out.println("appender = " + appender);

Can you help me?
//Edmondo.

Re: getAppender

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
It is very unlikely your package name has anything to do with the problem.

I would suggest changing status=“ERROR” to status=“DEBUG” and make sure you see your configuration be created and that it is created correctly.  If you see it created then use a debugger and stop it at the line where you get the appender and look at the data structures and see what appenders are there.

Re: getAppender

Posted by EDMONDO SENA <ed...@gmail.com>.

Re: getAppender

Re: getAppender

Posted by EDMONDO SENA <ed...@gmail.com>.
The code is:
[...]

    <Loggers>
    	<Logger name="LoggerLog4jDebug" level="debug" additivity="false">
    		<AppenderRef ref="LoggerLog4jDebugAppender"/>
    	</Logger>
    	<Logger name="LoggerLog4jError" level="error" additivity="false">
    		<AppenderRef ref="LoggerLog4jErrorAppender"/>
    	</Logger>
    </Loggers>

  <Appenders>
    <Console name="STDOUT">
      <PatternLayout pattern="%d %-5level [%logger] %msg%n%xThrowable" />
    </Console>
  </Appenders>
  <Loggers>
    <Logger name="org.apache.http.headers" level="DEBUG">
      <AppenderRef ref="STDOUT"/>
    </Logger>
    <!-- Root level="DEBUG">
      <AppenderRef ref="STDOUT" />