Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lalitha Prasad <la...@hotmail.com> on 2005/09/15 07:09:08 UTC

Reg. Can not copy text content from PDF to another editors

Hi,

I have generated PDF documents using FOP-0.20.5. We have registered
ArialUnicodeMS fonts with FOP.

After implementing this feature we are not able to copy the text content
from PDF to any editors.

Why we are not able to paste the original text contents. Is it possible to
do that?

Anyone please help me.

Regards,
LALITH

Re: Reg. Can not copy text content from PDF to another editors

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
(I'm replying to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org since this is the
right place to ask questions such as yours. Thanks for using fop-users@
next time.)

Please see the notes at:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/fonts.html#embedding

This is a known problem in FOP which is likely to be addressed quite
soon now in the redesigned FOP. The only work-around right now is not to
use TrueType fonts if copy/paste is really important.

On 15.09.2005 07:09:08 Lalitha Prasad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have generated PDF documents using FOP-0.20.5. We have registered
> ArialUnicodeMS fonts with FOP.
>
> After implementing this feature we are not able to copy the text content
> from PDF to any editors.
>
> Why we are not able to paste the original text contents. Is it possible to
> do that?
>
> Anyone please help me.
>
> Regards,
> LALITH