Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/01/03 15:29:26 UTC

Re: "//" Compatiblity across Xalan 2.3 and 2.7

Hi, Hari.

Hariprasath Manivannan <ha...@gmail.com> wrote on 2005-12-22
12:10:20 PM:
> <xsl:variable name="myVar"
select="java:com.mycompany.myclass.mymethod(//)"/>

> This was working fine with Xalan/Xerces 2.3. When upgraded to 2.7, I
> got the error message
>
> > ; Line#: 60; Column#: 98
> > ; Line#: 60; Column#: 98
> > javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: A location step was
> > expected following the '/' or '//' token.
>
> When I removed one of the slash, it worked fine in 2.7 also.
> <xsl:variable name="myVar"
select="java:com.mycompany.myclass.mymethod(/)"/>

> Now, can you please tell me, is it functinally the same and my
> correction is not affecting any existing functionality?

     Sorry for my delay in responding - I've been on vacation.  Xalan-J
2.3.1 treated the expression // as equivalent to
/descendant-or-self::node(), but only the latter is a syntactically
correct XPath expression.  You should be able to use the latter with the
Xalan-J 2.7 Interpretive processor.

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      Xalan development