Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com> on 2020/12/08 12:59:07 UTC

Re: Issue with BaselineTopology Branching History

If i want to add a fresh node to cluster.
Is it possible to start the fresh node first and then start the older node?
How do i make sure that fresh node has persistence intact?

Re: Issue with BaselineTopology Branching History

Posted by rakshita04 <ra...@siemens.com>.
What if my second node changed due to hardware failure or something at
runtime.
Is there a way that i start new node first , delete baseline history of
first node somehow so that i can add older node to new node somehow?
I am asking this because in our software this scenario can occur and we
cannot control whether new node starts first or older node?
Is there a way we can make this scenario work?

Re: Issue with BaselineTopology Branching History

Posted by andrei <ae...@gmail.com>.
Just try not to change the baseline after each server node restart to
avoid this problem. The base topology will wait for this node.

BR,
Andrei

Posted by andrei <ae...@gmail.com>.
No, you cannot start a new node first, because it will have a new
baseline that will be different from the old nodes. Please start old
nodes first and then add new node using the API mentioned above.