Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jan Algermissen <ja...@nordsc.com> on 2013/08/03 09:28:08 UTC

Choosing Java Driver for using Cassandra with Java EE7

Hi,

I plan on using Cassandra in a Java EE7 (Glassfish) project and I wonder which driver I should pick.

Can anyone make a recommendation which of the available drivers fits best into a Java EE environment?

(I looking for avoiding thread pool management issues mostly. I am not so interested in a JPA integration)

Jan

Re: Choosing Java Driver for using Cassandra with Java EE7

Posted by Jan Algermissen <ja...@nordsc.com>.
Tony,

On 03.08.2013, at 16:36, Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I use the DataStax driver anm happy with it so far.

Thanks. Also the question: are you talking about https://github.com/datastax/java-driver  or cassandra-jdbc?

Jan

Posted by Tony Anecito <ad...@yahoo.com>.
I use the DataStax driver anm happy with it so far. Also, think about if driver is being worked on as Cassandra gets updated since CQL version always getting improved so driver needs to improve wth it. So if driver developers not work on it often then you should not use it. Also, I think DataStax driver might have more users so DataStax get mre feedback for improvements and fixes.

Just my 1 cent.
-Tony

Posted by Andrew Cobley <a....@dundee.ac.uk>.
I"m referring to the core driver from datastax:

https://github.com/datastax/java-driver

You should be able to build it with maven.

Andy

Posted by Jan Algermissen <ja...@nordsc.com>.
Hi Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Cobley <a....@dundee.ac.uk>.