Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Robert Owen <eu...@sas.com> on 2001/06/11 18:19:22 UTC

webdav client

I have been looking at the webdav client part of the Slide project and
concentrated mostly on the webdavResource class. I am having problems
working out how to:

1. Generate a <D:propname/> query for PROPFIND - there doesn't seem to be a
way to generate
    propname queries from webDAVResource, even though comments for some of
webdavResource's
    propfindMethod's seem to indicate this is the case
2. Generate a PROPPATCH to remove properties
(<D:propertyupdate><D:remove>...) from
    webdavResource (it only calls addPropertyToSet and not
addPropertyToRemove)
3. Generate namespace qualified queries - Namespaces do not seem to be well
supported
    in webdavResource. The Property class has support for namespace
parameters, but proppatchMethod is not
    called with the form of the methods that takes these. I wrote a test
program that calls PropPatchMethod
    directly using these methods, but it still generated an invalid XML body
(no namespace specified). Will
    XML Namespaces be supported ?
4. Proxy support in httpclient ?

Thanks for any information,
Cheers,
Rob.

Re: webdav client

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
webdav clientHi,

General note : No HTML mails, please. Thanks.

>1. Generate a <D:propname/> query for PROPFIND - there doesn't seem to be a
way to >generate
>    propname queries from webDAVResource, even though comments for some of
>webdavResource's
>    propfindMethod's seem to indicate this is the case

Yes, the propname queries don't support namespaces. It's broken, and needs
to be fixed.

>2. Generate a PROPPATCH to remove properties
(<D:propertyupdate><D:remove>...) from
>    webdavResource (it only calls addPropertyToSet and not
addPropertyToRemove)
>3. Generate namespace qualified queries - Namespaces do not seem to be well
supported
>    in webdavResource. The Property class has support for namespace
parameters, but >proppatchMethod is not
>    called with the form of the methods that takes these. I wrote a test
program that >calls PropPatchMethod
>    directly using these methods, but it still generated an invalid XML
body (no >namespace specified). Will
>    XML Namespaces be supported ?

Yes to both.
Both went in the non-urgent category. Now that the core features are
working, we can start adding the new calls.

>4. Proxy support in httpclient ?

Most proxies don't support WebDAV yet (as most of them filter out HTTP
methods they don't know anything about). I'm quite sure it will be added
soon.

Remy