Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marcel Reutegger <ma...@gmx.net> on 2007/01/03 15:31:42 UTC

Re: The exception about test report

Jukka Zitting wrote:
> On 12/28/06, wendy Lee <ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have update the main source code to the newest version,and My jdk's
>> version is 1.5.6.The same time I found the test process will terminated
>> without any response .
>> [...]
>> Running org.apache.jackrabbit.test.TestAll
>> Exception in thread "Timer-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> I've been seeing this as well. The problem seems to have been
> introduced by Marcel in revision 489112, but I'm not sure how to best
> fix it.

The idle timer task which may shutdown the query handler is insufficiently
synchronized. Since this functionality actually duplicates the workspaces
maxIdleTime in the repository.xml, I suggest we remove the idleTime of the query
handler.

I've created a jira issue: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-694

regards
  marcel