Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/03/17 05:58:45 UTC

quicker code reviews

Hi,

one of the most time consuming parts of code reviews seems to be the
repeated back-and-forth between the author and the reviewer(s). To try
to reduce the need for repeated rounds I’d like to propose some DOs
and DON’Ts for code reviews [1].
These are the time-tested rules of an experienced academic advisor for
the reviews of papers and theses translated for code reviews :)

Thoughts/comments?

Cheers,
Till

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ASTERIXDB/Code+Reviews