Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by nobody44 <fa...@web.de> on 2010/11/18 14:57:06 UTC

ActiveMQ cluster?

Hello,
I would like to know, if it is possible to configure two or more ActiveMQ
servers for the following scenario:
A message-producer connects to server A and creates a message. This message
is forwarded to server B (and only to server B), where a consumer processes
this message. The producer specifies the target server by defining a
message-property. The same should be possible with server B. There is a
message producer, which creates messages. These messages should be forwarded
to the specified ActiveMQ servers.
The scenario sounds like the "Store and forward networks of brokers", except
"When a JMS producer sends a message to a JMS consumer, it may travel
through several brokers to reach its final destination.". I want the message
to travel only to the specified broker.
Of course, the producer could connect directly to server B and create the
message there... but I would like to know, if the scenario above is
possible.

Thanks for you help
With kind regards

nobody44

Re: ActiveMQ cluster?

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The network of brokers support in activemq works at the granularity of
destinations, not at the message level but there is some support for
networking consumers with selectors. With conduitSubscription=false,
the network with respect the selectors used on a consumer so only
receive messages that match that selector will be forwarded.  see:
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

To get more general routing based on message level properties using an
embedded camel route be a good option. see:
http://camel.apache.org/activemq.html

http://blog.garytully.com
http://fusesource.com