Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Paul Klinker <pk...@mitre.org> on 2001/12/14 15:54:33 UTC

Submitting code change.

Hello,

I want to reach an outside SOAP server from behind a firewall using
ServiceManagerClient.  This requires the use of a proxy but from what I
can tell this is not possible using the ServiceManagerClient.

To this end I modified org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient to
take a proxy host and port as optional input parameters.  It will then
use the proxy in the SOAPHTTPConnection.  I tested it and I am now able
to reach the outside server.  How do I get this code added to the
baseline?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Submitting code change.

Posted by Paul Klinker <pk...@mitre.org>.
Sanjiva,

The proxy is specified in the same way as the authentication
information.  The flag is -proxy and the parameters follow separated by
a ":".  E.g. java  ... [-proxy host:port] url ...

The proxy flag does not need the auth flag.  If the auth flag is present
the proxy flag must not precede it.

Paul

Re: Submitting code change.

Posted by Paul Klinker <pk...@mitre.org>.