Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sumit Pandit <su...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/11/23 21:13:39 UTC

Q - FinAccounting Reconciliation Issue

Hi All, I have a question about Financial Account Reconciliation process.

Currently In Fin Account Reconciliation, more then one FinAccount's transaction can associate to one Reconciliation. Please verify that is it correct according to business process? There should be one to one relationship in FinAccount and Reconciliation.
Explanation with example -

Suppose -
Fin Account ID : FA1
Fin Account Transaction for Fin Account Id  FA1 - 10000, 10001, 10002, 10003.
Fin Account ID : FA2
Fin Account Transaction for Fin Account Id  FA2 - 10004, 10005, 10006, 10007.

Reconciliation Id : REC1, REC2

Current Implementation -
REC1 can associate to 10000, 10001, 10004, 10005
Conclusion - One reconciliation can associate to more then on FinAccount's transaction.

Please suggest that, Is above process correct? Can one reconciliation contains more then one FinAccount's transactions?

--
Thanks and Regards
Sumit Pandit

Re: Q - FinAccounting Reconciliation Issue

Posted by Chirag Manocha <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sumit,

IMO this doesnt appears correct to me. I would like to explain with an
example :-
Suppose FA1 is Banking Account and REC1 is the statement given by the FA1
Bank Account. So this is not possible that the transactions associated with
FA2 will Reconcile in the REC1. Definitely FinAccountTrans Associated with
FA2 will be reconcile in REC2. Only FinAccountTrans associated with FA1,
should reconcile in REC1.

Regards
--
Chirag Manocha