Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by umar farooq <um...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/02 02:06:02 UTC

Web Socket Issue

Hi All,
       I am trying to use Chat example of WebSocket given in  Tomcat version
 7.0.27. Problem I faced are here.

1) After opening the web socket it closes the socket automatically after 20
sec. I want connection open until Guest (i.e. user) explicitly closes it.
2) Second thing is that It broad casts the message to all users but what i
want is to send message to a specific group of people.
Is there any method to send message to specific group.?? I checked API for
WebSocket but there is no method for multicast.

Kindly help me I have very short time to implement it.

Thanks..
--
*Regards,
*

RE: Web Socket Issue

While the API call to set timeout is missing (it is present in Tomcat's
Comet implementation) a "forever" setting would not do you any good
Your application has to learn how to deal with disconnects, as they are very
common over WAN.
I expect that a future version will have that call, but it wont completely
solve your problem

Best
Filip

Re: Web Socket Issue

Posted by umar farooq <um...@gmail.com>.

devlists@hanik.com> wrote:

> Have the client send a ping message every 10 seconds

*Regards,
*
*Muhammad Umar Farooq*
*Student **BIT* | SEECS, NUST *