Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Susheel Jalali <Su...@CoscendCommunications.com> on 2015/03/02 13:43:07 UTC

Re: OpenMeetings-3.0.4 - "one-time invitation" gives "Already used"

Dear Maxim and Fellow Users of OpenMeetings,

As you requested, we have used your Demo Server () to test the One-Time
Invitation.

As you  requested, we followed these exact steps you advised on two
different browsers:
1) enter the room as admin user using one Browser (Chrome)
2) select Send invitation from the menu
3) enter user email
4) select Period: one time
5) select "Generate URL"
6) copy/paste the URL to another browser (Firefox)

We used two different browsers with cleaned cache memory, one for
sending, and another for using the URL.
Above was Chrome ==> Firefox.

We also repeated the tests by reversing the browsers, Firefox ==> Chrome
i.e.  raising/sending invitation from Firefox and using the URL in Chrome.
Result in all these scenarios was:        "This invitation was already
used".

Attached are the screenshots.
Hope the above information can help in identifying any lurking bug, or
anything to look at in the test environment.

Susheel Jalali

Customer Operations Leader,

Coscend Communications Solutions

_Susheel.Jalali@CoscendCommunications.com_

Web site:www.CoscendCommunications.com
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/>

*Coscend’s**Software Service Factory*

"*Coscend Communications* is ... *pioneering a new approach*to ...
software applications development, and systems integration."

*Light Reading Network, *December, 2007

"*Coscend*is at the*vanguard of a new evolution*in telco OSS/BSS systems
integration."

*Caroline Chappell*
A leading authority in the communications services software industry

"There are *innovative*…*tools*from ... *Coscend *bubbling up, which
will help accelerate the data consolidation process and reduce its cost."

*Dennis Mendyk, */Editor,/Building a *Telco Service Factory*

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: See 'Confidentiality Notice Regarding E-mail
Messages from Coscend Communications Solutions' posted at:
http://www.CoscendCommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html
<http://www.coscendcommunications.com/Terms_and_Conditions.html>

Re: OpenMeetings-3.0.4 - "one-time invitation" gives "Already used"
From:
Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>
Date:
02/26/15 15:21

To:
Openmeetings user-list <us...@openmeetings.apache.org>
CC:
"IT@CoscendCommunications.com" <IT...@coscendcommunications.com>

works for me:

1) enter the room as admin user
2) select Send invitation from the menu
3) enter user email
4) select Period: one time
5) select "generate URL"
6) copy/paste the URL to another browser
Result: everything works as expected

On Thu, Feb 26, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Susheel Jalali
<ma...@coscendcommunications.com>> wrote:

    Dear Maxim and Fellow Users of OpenMeetings,

    As you requested, we have tested with  OpenMeetings-3.0.4 latest
    release, yet the invitee receiving the One-Time invitation is unable
    to access the meeting room even once. It shows the error message box:

            "This invitation was already used".

    We have tested the following three scenarios:

    1. IT Administrator sends the one-time invitation to Internal User.
    2. IT Administrator sends the one-time invitation to External User.
    3. External User sends the one-time invitation to Internal User.

    All other invitations (Endless and Period) were working in the above
    scenarios.  Only  "one-time" invitation did not work in any of the
    above scenarios.

[...]

    =======================

    Re: OpenMeetings 3.0.3 "one-time invitation" gives "Already used"
    From:
    Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> <ma...@gmail.com>
    Date:
    02/23/15 09:22

    To:
    Openmeetings user-list <us...@openmeetings.apache.org>
    <ma...@openmeetings.apache.org>
    CC:
    "IT@CoscendCommunications.com" <ma...@CoscendCommunications.com>
    <IT...@coscendcommunications.com> <ma...@coscendcommunications.com>

    Is it reproducible using latest release?

    On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 11:15 PM, Susheel Jalali
    <Susheel.Jalali@coscendcommunications.com
    <ma...@coscendcommunications.com>> wrote:
    Dear OpenMeetings Users,

    We are using, on one of our servers,  OpenMeetings version 3.0.3
    over Centos-6.5.

    When we create an invitation using the "one-time invitation" option,
    then Generate URL, and Send it using the Send button,
    the invitation is properly sent to and received by the recipient.

    However, when the recipient uses this URL (either by clicking or by
    copy-paste) from their browser, they get the following message box
    error:

    "This invitation was already used".

    We are able to use for the same installation and recipient, the
    other two modes of invitation (Endless and Period) without any failure.
    Is there a configuration or any change we need to make.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Could it be some proxy server or something like this?
I'll try to check server logs, but not sure it will be useful :(

WBR
Maxim aka solomax