Posted to dev@distributedlog.apache.org by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com> on 2016/12/14 01:32:34 UTC

Intro

Hi all, I wanted to introduce myself and say that after seeing the incubator for this project it sounds exciting! Definitely something I’d like to get more exposure to as it would be very applicable to the team I lead. That said I’d like to start contributing and wondering how you all do that. I’m very familiar with the way Apache Spark and Apache Apex work wrt assignment of JIRAs, etc. but was wondering how you all are thinking about it. I’ve left a few comments on some JIRA tickets I’d like to work on, but didn’t know the best process so thought I’d reach out. Looking forward to working more on it!

Re: Intro

Posted by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com>.
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for! Will get started coding ;)

Brennon York
Member Technical Staff || Data Engineer
(301) 875 - 7778

On 12/13/16, 6:22 PM, "Sijie Guo" <si...@apache.org> wrote:

    Welcome Brennon! We followed most of the other apache projects are doing.
    If you have been working with other apache projects, you will be totally
    fine with DL community.

    In general, you can check the developer guide
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DL/Developer+Guide

    We use Jira for tracking the changes to DL and github pull requests for
    managing contributions. Any jiras labeled with 'help-wanted' are good to
    start.

    For large changes like new features, refactors, some of the folks in the
    community start following KIP like process. (Although we haven't finalized
    how will the process look like) There are some ongoing proposals. You can
    check them out at
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DL/Project+Proposals

    You can also checkout
    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DL/Project+Ideas for the
    project ideas.

    Let me know if you have any more questions. Looking forward to your
    contributions!

    - Sijie

Re: Intro

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.