Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by XyLus <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/12 17:14:18 UTC

Once again: Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.SecurityFault: The signature or decryption was invalid

Hi All,

I have to connect to web service ( .NET implementation with WSE 3.0 on
board) that requires signed
request. I 've played  with CXF framework and now I have solution that works
just fine ( I get successful response from web service)

When I use cxf bc provider with the same configuration I end up with 'The
signature or decryption was invalid' error.

I attach smx and cxf logs and requests produced by CXF standalone
application and SMX flow.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/cxf.log cxf.log
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/cxf.xml cxf.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/smx.log smx.log
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/smx.xml smx.xml

When you compare them they look ALMOST the same what makes me confused.
(digest value and signature value are different and one additional namespace
is avaialbe in smx request
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/wsdl-11-wrapper)

So I turned on debug mode and tried to find root cause of differences.
However I can't see any meaningful information in logs . On top of that I
use the same version of wss4j and xmlsec library in both cases.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Maciej

Re: Once again: Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.SecurityFault: The signature or decryption was invalid

Posted by XyLus <ma...@gmail.com>.

Hi,

Signing works with given version
(http://repo.open.iona.com/maven2-snapshot/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-cxf-bc/2009.01.1-fuse-SNAPSHOT/
) !

In addition to signing I tried out signing & encryption  - that scenario was
a bit more difficult to get it working -  my cxf configuration was correct
but  I had to use old version of smx 3.3.0.2 so I received error
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityEngineResult.get(
Ljava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;

I hacked it by replacing existing servicemix-shared with
servicemix-shared-3.3.1.18-fuse-installer.zip that contains wss4j-1.5.5.jar.
Next error I got was:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor.checkReceiverResultsAnyOrder(Ljava/util/Vector;Ljava/util/Vector;)Z

what was resolved by setting "ignoreActions" to value="true" in
WSS4JInInterceptor. (maybe if I took another servicemix-shared with newer
wss4j it won't be necessary).

Well, obviously I know it's one huge workaround - but my goal is just to
check servicemix-cxf and .NET web service interoperability when signing and
encryption/decryption are required. Current solution is a good starting
point for sure.

Thank you all for your help (especially I appreciate Freeman hints) !

Regards,
Maciej

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1. svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/components/bindings/servicemix-cxf-bc/trunk/
2. mvn install

Another option is  you can test against the fuse snapshot, you can
download it  from [1], copy it to your SMX_HOME/hotdeploy folder to
override the old one

[1]http://repo.open.iona.com/maven2-snapshot/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-cxf-bc/2009.01.1-fuse-SNAPSHOT/

Freeman

On 2009-9-4, at 下午8:31, XyLus wrote:

> I've done test with
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/servicemix/servicemix-cxf-bc/2009.02-SNAPSHOT/servicemix-cxf-bc-2009.02-20090417.052350-16-installer.zip
>
> but the result is the same as always -
> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHeaderException:
> Microsoft.Web.Services3.Security.SecurityFault: The signature or
> decryption
> was invalid
>

> Regards,
> Maciej
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I believe the fix for SMXCOMP-618 can address this issue.
>>
>> [1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMXCOMP-618
>>
>> Freeman
>> On 2009-8-19, at 下午3:52, XyLus wrote:
>>

>>> Here you go : http://www.nabble.com/file/p25039423/PeRCSPoC.jmx
>>> PeRCSPoC.jmx
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Maciej

>> --
>> Freeman Fang

Freeman Fang
------------------------

Posted by XyLus <ma...@gmail.com>.
I've done test with

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I believe the fix for SMXCOMP-618 can address this issue.

[1]https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMXCOMP-618

Freeman
On 2009-8-19, at 下午3:52, XyLus wrote:

> Here you go : http://www.nabble.com/file/p25039423/PeRCSPoC.jmx
> PeRCSPoC.jmx
>
> Regards,
> Maciej
>

> Freeman Fang wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> How is your work flow in smx get invoked?
>> I believe you use a standalone jms client sending message to jms
>> consumer of smx, if you, could you also append this standalone jms
>> client? So that I can test your case from my side.
>> Thanks
>> Freeman
>> On 2009-8-14, at 下午10:52, XyLus wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've also created CXF server (please find in
>>> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24973027/wse-cxf-sign-server.zip
>>> attachment ).
>>> As long as I did not provide keystore with client certificate I was
>>> getting
>>> error:
>>>
>>> org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: WSHandler: Certificate
>>> path
>>> verification failed for certificate with subject
>>> CN=WSE2QuickStartClient;
>>> nested exception is:
>>> 	org.apache.ws.security.WSSecurityException: General security error
>>> (Error
>>> during certificate path validation: basic constraints check failed:
>>> this is
>>> not a CA certificate); nested exception is:
>>> 	java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: basic constraints
>>> check
>>> failed: this is not a CA certificate
>>> 	at
>>> org.apache.ws.security.handler.WSHandler.verifyTrust(WSHandler.java:
>>> 1176)
>>>
>>> So I found working configuration for CXF client <-> CXF server
>>> (however it
>>> does not work as I expected - I thought that client's issuer
>>> certificate
>>> should be only available on server side)
>>>
>>> Anyway, problem I am trying to solve is connecting to .NET
>>> webservice not
>>> CXF...
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Maciej

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Freeman Fang

Freeman Fang
------------------------

Posted by XyLus <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by XyLus <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by XyLus <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Freeman

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Could you please append your testcase, both the working standalone cxf
client and the problem smx one?
If possible, also a standalone server what we can test against to
reproduce the error, I understand you are using .NET server on
windows, but if you can provide a cxf server to simulate the error it
would be great.
Thanks
Freeman
On 2009-8-12, at 下午11:14, XyLus wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have to connect to web service ( .NET implementation with WSE 3.0 on
> board) that requires signed
> request. I 've played  with CXF framework and now I have solution
> that works
> just fine ( I get successful response from web service)
>
> When I use cxf bc provider with the same configuration I end up with
> 'The
> signature or decryption was invalid' error.
>
> I attach smx and cxf logs and requests produced by CXF standalone
> application and SMX flow.
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/cxf.log cxf.log
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/cxf.xml cxf.xml
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/smx.log smx.log
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p24938687/smx.xml smx.xml
>
> When you compare them they look ALMOST the same what makes me
> confused.
> (digest value and signature value are different and one additional
> namespace
> is avaialbe in smx request
> http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jbi/wsdl-11-wrapper)
>
> So I turned on debug mode and tried to find root cause of differences.
> However I can't see any meaningful information in logs . On top of
> that I
> use the same version of wss4j and xmlsec library in both cases.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

Freeman Fang