Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by jo...@themunicenter.com on 2003/10/17 22:43:05 UTC

[JOB] Senior mod_perl Developer, New York City

Senior Mod_Perl Developer - New York City
TheMuniCenter is seeking an Apache/mod_perl developer to work on its next generation bond trading and portfolio analytics systems.  We are seeking an intelligent, dynamic, highly communicative candidate capable of thinking outside of the box, working under stress, and meeting deadlines.  The ideal candidate should have demonstrable project experience working with Apache/mod_perl.
TheMuniCenter has an established, award winning bond trading system backed by some of the biggest players in the Financial Industry. We are looking for a developer with all or most of the following:

- In depth knowledge of Perl programming, with recent experience using 5.6 or higher in projects
- A reasonable understanding of regular expressions and their usage.
- Solid knowledge of Apache and its configuration and usage.
- Reasonable knowledge of mod_perl.  This includes the API, pitfalls and benefits.
- Good programming skills.  These include logic, reasoning, problem solving and proper application design.
- Web application development experience.  This includes a fair knowledge of HTML (recent versions [4.x) and JavaScript, as well as good UI design.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Perl's DBI libraries for Database access.
- An ability to work and coordinate with a project team consisting of several developers.
- An ability to coordinate and communicate with clients on both a technical support and development/integration capacity.

In addition, we are always seeking candidates who also have the following skills on top of those listed above:
- Java (Applets, servlets, JSP)
- J2EE (EJB)
- Weblogic 6x and higher
- Fixed Income Experience (Municipal & Corporate bonds, especially!)
- Database Experience - Sybase & Oracle.

Do you have what it takes to join one of the most dynamic development teams on Wall Street?  Send resumes, with cover letter to jobs@themunicenter.com.  Serious applicants ONLY!

NOTICE:
- All candidates must live in the New York metropolitan area; we do not relocate.
- All candidates must have work authorization in the U.S. (citizen or permanent resident); we do not sponsor H1 (or other) visas.

Additionally, the address to send your resume & cover letter to are listed at the bottom of the job description.
Please do not send to my personal address as firm policy prohibits me from considering resumes that arrive in this manner.