Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Érico <er...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/13 19:17:17 UTC

struts 1.3.10 in WTP / Indigo Dynamic Web Project properties file load

Hello

I have created a new dynamic  web application from scratch

struts version => 1.3.10

An I have created my struts-config.xml

I am not able to set a "properties" file on it

Where do I need to place my file ?

As an example I have :

WEB-INF
    --struts-config.xml

    --resources
        --ApplicationResources.properties

and in struts-config code :

<message-resources parameter="resources.ApplicationResources" null="false"/>

Once I deploy the app in side WTP with tomcat 6.0.32 I get the following :

    javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing configuration resource for
path /WEB-INF/struts-conf.xml

I believe it is not finding the file in the proper path ....

Please can you help me out setting it correctly so I can use my
properties file ?

Thks
Érico

Re: struts 1.3.10 in WTP / Indigo Dynamic Web Project properties file load

Posted by Javier Moreno <jm...@gmail.com>.
El 13 de abril de 2012 19:17, Érico <er...@gmail.com> escribió:

> As an example I have :
>
> WEB-INF
>    --struts-config.xml
>
>    --resources
>        --ApplicationResources.properties
>

> and in struts-config code :
>
> <message-resources parameter="resources.ApplicationResources"
> null="false"/>
>

> Once I deploy the app in side WTP with tomcat 6.0.32 I get the following :
>
>    javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Missing configuration resource for
> path /WEB-INF/struts-conf.xml
>
> I believe it is not finding the file in the proper path ....

I understand you have the following directory structure:

   - */WEB-INF/struts-config.xml*
   - */WEB-INF/resources/ApplicationResources.properties *

That's not correct. You have to place the file into your *src *directory,
inside a package. For example if your source files application use the
package "*en.erico.app*" and you have placed your properties file inside
that package, you have to set the *struts-config.xml* as follows:

   - *<message-resources parameter="en.erico.app.ApplicationResources"
   null="false"/>*