Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Candide Kemmler <ck...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/12 17:23:14 UTC

can lenya be used offline?

Now that lenya's working, I want to put it in use. It seems to be perfect
for my publishing needs, but I currently don't have an available java server
online. Hence I'd like to publish the generated publication to a free
hosting service.

Is that possible? And if yes, then what are the limitations?

--
Candide Kemmler
http://ckemmler.blogspot.com/

Re: can lenya be used offline?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
jplejacq wrote:

>> jp, we really need to smoothen this and make this much more obvious.
>> you mentioned having a set of patches for this, would you mind to send
>> them?
>
> Yes, I sorry about that. I've been swamped here. Next week looks much
> better so I'll make it a priority to merge in the ftp tasks.

kind reminder :)

also cf the discussion about export capabilities for 1.4

Re: can lenya be used offline?

Posted by jplejacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.

Re: can lenya be used offline?

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Candide Kemmler wrote:
> Now that lenya's working, I want to put it in use. It seems to be perfect
> for my publishing needs, but I currently don't have an available java server
> online. Hence I'd like to publish the generated publication to a free
> hosting service.
>
> Is that possible? And if yes, then what are the limitations?

yes this is possible (and should be documented better, and better
hightlighted). you can enable the export task in the default publication
config/tasks/targets.xml and it will export statically. you can then use
one of the provided scripts in lenya/bin to ftp it to your site.

jp, we really need to smoothen this and make this much more obvious. you
mentioned having a set of patches for this, would you mind to send them?

-gregor