Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Brandon Spruth <br...@xolia.net> on 2005/06/28 21:55:16 UTC

[users@httpd] getting mod_auth_ldap and mod_proxy to work together...

I have been struggling with this issue for over a month, and I should have
posted this questions sooner, but this is the issue, how do I get ldap
authentication working with my proxy server.  I have been able to get my
ldap authentication to work without turning on proxy, however I have not
been able to get both modules working together on the same server.

Again keep in mind that the server that I am authenticating on is the same
server that I am forwarding my proxy requests to.  Following the listing
of compiled modules, below are my snippets of the httpd.conf, that
includes the ldap configurations and the virtual hosts where I run my
proxy with a rewrite rule.  Oh by the way the results from httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  util_ldap.c
  mod_auth_ldap.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_proxy.c
  proxy_connect.c
  proxy_ftp.c
  proxy_http.c
  mod_ssl.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
  mod_so.c

Below are the configs from the httpd.conf...

#Enables the LDAP connection pool
#and shared memory cache. Enable
#the LDAP cache status handler.
#Requires that mod_ldap and mod_auth_ldap
#be loaded.

LDAPSharedCacheSize 200000
LDAPCacheEntries 1024
LDAPCacheTTL 600
LDAPOpCacheEntries 1024
LDAPOpCacheTTL 600

#####End of LDAP conf#####
#
# Each directory to which Apache has access can be configured with respect
# to which services and features are allowed and/or disabled in that
# directory (and its subdirectories).
#
# First, we configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
# features.
#

<Directory />
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "My application"
    AuthLDAPEnabled on
    AuthLDAPURL ldap://1.2.456:389/ou=identities,o=lme?cn
    AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
    require valid-user
</Directory>

# Virtual hosts that redirects all requests to the proxy
<VirtualHost myserver:80>
ServerAlias myserver
ServerAdmin root@myserver
DocumentRoot "/path/to/documentroot"
ServerName myserver
ServerSignature On
CustomLog       logs/myserver.access.log combined
ErrorLog        logs/myserver.error.log
LogLevel warn
AccessFileName .htaccess

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
        RewriteLog "logs/rewrite_log"
        RewriteLogLevel 2
        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://%{SERVER_NAME}:8089/$1 [L,P]
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_proxy.c>
        ProxyVia On
</IfModule>
</VirtualHost>

Brandon Spruth
brandon@xolia.net

[users@httpd] ldap and mod_proxy to work on apache 2.0

Posted by Brandon Spruth <br...@xolia.net>.
Has anyone had success in getting any ldap module working with a proxy
module on Apache 2.0?  I have been only able to get one working without
the other.  If anyone out there can provide any advice or experience it
would be greatly appreciated.

-Brandon