Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/06 14:30:32 UTC

Questions on embedding into Tomcat

Hi,

with the help of the docs, I have managed to start Tomcat 5.5 with an
embedded ActiveMQ 3 broker. Basically, anything seems to work, but I
have a couple of questions.

Note, that I am *not* using activemq.jar, but activemq-core.jar,
derby.jar, and activeio.jar. In other words, no config files from
activemq.jar are present.

- My impression is, that the broker is created and removed whenever a servlet
  is using JMS. (There is a gap of about 30 secs between requests.) Obviously,
  this isn't what I want, because a response takes much longer. Is
there anything
  wrong in my setup?
- I haven't managed to detect, where the ActiveMQ journal and the derby
  database are being stored. However, it is important for me to control that
  location. What needs to be done?
- Currently, I am recreating all JMS objects (queue connection factory, queue,
  session, connection, ...) for any request. Most possibly, this is
not required,
  because some of them are thread safe and/or cacheable. Are there any
  recommended practices or docs available on that issue?

Regards,

Jochen

--
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun. (Katharine Hepburn)