Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by dilantha <di...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/07 15:45:04 UTC

How to add random values..

Hi All,
 I'm bit new to jmeter so at the moment im facing some problems with load
testing. Currently im using jmeter for load testing in a web application. I
just want to know how can i generate a random value with the http request
and send . For example just assume that i have a parameter called "id" how
can i generate a random id to send with the http request..What should i type
under the value field?..i just type ${_Random(1,10)} under the value field
but it did not work..and the other thing is if i want to assign a value to a
field from a set of values which are stored in the data base how can i do
that?..is it possible?:-(..If some one know the solution please be kind
enough to send it..Thanks a lot..

Re: How to add random values..

Posted by Jakub Białek <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes it works. I tried this "Variable Names" parameter but when I
checked value I forgot to append '_1' (or '_n' when n is the row
number) at the end of the variable name.

Re: How to add random values..

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to add random values..

Posted by dilantha <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi RaGnoR,

It works..Thanks a lot for your help..Thanks a lot for dedicating your
valuable time to help some one like me..

Re: How to add random values..

Posted by Jakub Białek <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to add random values..

Posted by dilantha <di...@gmail.com>.