Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dmitry Beransky <db...@ucsd.edu> on 2000/08/08 04:36:46 UTC

Apache::ASP & the case of disappearing prolog

Consider the following markup:

<%@language="PerlScript"%>
<%
    my $prolog= '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
       <!DOCTYPE xform [
          <!ATTLIST string name ID #REQUIRED>
          <!ATTLIST group name ID #REQUIRED>
       ]>';
%>
    Prolog: <pre><%=$Server->HTMLEncode($prolog)%></pre>

when I run this, the XML declaration is missing in the output.  I think
this is somehow related to the XMLSubsParser.  Not sure if my diagnosis is
correct, but I can fix the problem by breaking the declaration into two
pieces.  I think this should be considered a bug.

Cheers
Dmitry