Posted to general@logging.apache.org by Mark Womack <mw...@apache.org> on 2005/10/12 19:20:53 UTC

SVN Commit Email Messages

Henri,

It appears that all svn commit messages for every repository are being
routed to general@logging.apache.org instead of the subproject specific
email lists (eg logging-log4j-cvs@apache.org, etc).

Also, we'd like to possibly change/create new email lists for this purpose,
more along the lines of log4j-commit@logging.apache.org, etc.  What do we
need to do for this?  Should we send a different request to infrastructure
to set these up?

thanks,
-Mark

Re: SVN Commit Email Messages

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.
Yep, you hook a path in the system to a mailing list. Take a look at the
asf-mailer.conf file. Once you get passed the initial noise, it becomes
pretty repititous, though the suppress-if-any option takes a bit of
getting used to.

There are various tricks to make the hooking easier, ie) using a wildcard
to automatically get the hook in place for all subprojects, but it hits
problems when things don't follow a simple pattern.

Hen

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@apache.org>.