Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sy...@cognos.com> on 2002/07/30 00:23:37 UTC

Deploying precompiled JSP

Hi all,

I want to distribute my webapp providing pre-compiled JSP.  I am not
bundling a WAR though (I found some messages about providing pre-compiled
jsp but they relate to a WAR)  Is it possible to provide pre-compiled JSP
without of a WAR?

So far I can build all my JSP and the delta between tomcat's one and the one
I generate (ant jspc task) is that my index.jsp is now index.class while
Tomcat's one is named index$jsp.class ...

Does doing so force me to define a servlet-mapping for all my JSP in
web.xml?  Does the built version go in the work dir or classes?

Any help much appreciated.
Thanks.
--
Sylvain