Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Murtadha Hubail <hu...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/16 23:50:41 UTC

Result Deletion Parameter

Hi all,

Currently, AsterixDB supports three types of result delivery methods namely IMMEDIATE, DEFERED, and ASYNC. In the IMMEDIATE case, the result files are deleted as soon as the result is sent to the query requester. However, in the case of DEFERED and ASYNC, they are kept until a certain time to live expires even if the requester already read the result and no longer interested in it. To avoid this, the proposal is to add a new parameter to our HTTP API to allow the user to specify after how many reads the result is deleted. This way, the result files will be deleted as soon as the user is no longer interested in the result. If the parameter is not specified by the user, the default value to delete the result for all three delivery methods will be after (1) read.

Thoughts, concerns?

Cheers,

Murtadha

Re: Result Deletion Parameter