Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <14...@qq.com> on 2013/07/31 17:32:08 UTC

iSCSI IO performance is worse than NFS,why?

I find that the disk IO performance of vm instances on iSCSI(sharedmountpoint) primary storage is worse than that on NFS primary storage.

When I use a single hdd and create a NFS share as primary storage,the disk IO performance is pretty good.
But when I use the same hdd and create a iSCSI lun as primary storage,the disk IO performance is lower than NFS.

I think the disk IO performance of iSCSI should be better than NFS.

Re: iSCSI IO performance is worse than NFS,why?

Posted by Aaron Delp <aa...@citrix.com>.