Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Nolan Ring <nr...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2001/05/03 20:47:48 UTC

excluding directories

I have what I'm afraid is an incredibly basic question about excluding
directories from being built.  With make, if there's no Makefile, that
directory and any others under it are ignored.  Is there any similar
mechanism with ant?  My list of directories to exclude (in my build.xml
file) is getting increasingly long and painful to maintain.

Thanks much for any help.

Nolan

Re: excluding directories

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Nolan Ring <nr...@nortelnetworks.com> wrote:

> I have what I'm afraid is an incredibly basic question about
> excluding directories from being built.

I guess you mean you don't want to run javac in them, right?

> With make, if there's no Makefile, that directory and any others
> under it are ignored.

No such mechanism in Ant, no.

> My list of directories to exclude (in my build.xml file) is getting
> increasingly long and painful to maintain.

Maybe it is easier to specify which directories to include?  You know
you can use wildcards?

Stefan