Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Stuart Sierra <th...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/27 17:38:24 UTC

Installing in local Maven repository

Hello,

Does anyone have up-to-date instructions for installing hadoop-core in
a local Maven repository?  The instructions at
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute do not work (the
mvn-install target is not defined).

Thanks,
-SS

Re: Installing in local Maven repository

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.
SS,

Unless Im grossly mistaken, Nexus does exactly this.  I have my own projects
that use hadoop jars.  I can easily add custom patched versions of hadoop
too.  These hadoop jars arent in maven central though, theyre in my own
instance of Nexus.  When i go into my custom hadoop project and type: mvn
clean deploy   it deploys my jar and all dependencies into Nexus.
If you want to see a working example of a maven project using hadoop jars
being built from Nexus, check out Hbase Writer:
http://code.google.com/p/hbase-writer

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM, Stuart Sierra <the.stuart.sierra@gmail.com

Posted by Stuart Sierra <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Smith <ry...@gmail.com>.
SS,
If you just want to use hadoop jars in your maven projects, run your own
caching archive repository manager like Nexus.

http://nexus.sonatype.org/

Deploy your hadoop and other 3rd party jars along with your own custom
deployed jars here, then your maven projects can build using the jars
deployed in Nexus.

hth,
-Ryan

Posted by Stuart Sierra <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eli Collins <el...@cloudera.com>.
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Stuart Sierra
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have up-to-date instructions for installing hadoop-core in
> a local Maven repository?  The instructions at
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToContribute do not work (the
> mvn-install target is not defined).
>
> Thanks,
> -SS

Hey Stuart,

ant mvn-install works for me on latest trunk. What error are you getting?

Thanks,
Eli