Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gangaa D <ga...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/19 03:46:20 UTC

How do I get unique fixed ID of remote host? I can get bios ID of remote host. but ......

Dear Guys,
How do I get unique fixed ID of remote host?
I got bios ID of remote host by Java Script which for
Win32.
But "IE->Security Settings -> Initialize and script
ActiveX controls not marked as safe" is blocked our
script.

In this case, our script run only for Win32 and above
option  enabled"

So it is limited. We need to get unique fixed ID of
remote host for any host. (Win32,Linux....etc)

How do I solve it?

RE: How do I get unique fixed ID of remote host? I can get bios ID of remote host. but ......

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
You can't. Under Windows, you're blocked from running ActiveX controls, and
under Unix the JVM is running in a sandbox and wouldn't have permission to
do things like run IFCONFIG or other commands.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/