Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Walter Landry <wa...@geodynamics.org> on 2005/11/18 20:21:47 UTC

Fixing a repository with missing revisions?

Greetings,

Unfortunately, my repository has been corrupted.  I created an
original repository with cvs2svn in fsfs format.  I then put it up on
machine A for a little while and let people test it and make junk
commits.  Call that the 'junk' version of the repository.  It worked
fine, so I put the 'original' repository on a completely different
machine (machine B).  People made many commits, resulting in a
'production' repository.

Then something unfortunate happened.  Machine B was rsynced with
Machine A.  So now the 'production' machine has some of the 'junk'
revisions.  Even worse, people made commits into this
'production-junk' machine.

This actually happened to two different repositories.  For the first
repository, the revision numbers are

1-2483:     original
2484-2486:  production-junk             (note that this overwrote the
                                        production revisions already commited)
2487-2497:  production
2498:       production-junk

For the second repository, the revision numbers are

1-494:         original
495:           junk            (this is the only problem revision in this repo)
496-507:       production-junk

So my question is, is there a way to recover some of the production
revisions?  I understand that fsfs uses skip-deltas, but is that on
per-file basis?

Thanks,
Walter Landry