Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Darvin Denmian <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/08 04:34:30 UTC

Use of SSD for commitlog

Hi,

Can somebody tell me if is there some benefit in use SSD Disks
for commitlog?

THanks!

Re: Use of SSD for commitlog

Posted by Darvin Denmian <da...@gmail.com>.
Great !

Re: Use of SSD for commitlog

Posted by Terje Marthinussen <tm...@gmail.com>.
Probably you can get an intel 320 160GB or a Samsung 830 for the same price as the 146GB 15k rpm drive.

Overprovision the SSD 20% and off you go.

It will beat the HDD both sequentially and randomly.

Terje

Re: Use of SSD for commitlog

Posted by Amit Kumar <ku...@gmail.com>.

Re: Use of SSD for commitlog