Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Tom Holmes Jr." <to...@tomholmes.net> on 2005/05/18 17:02:00 UTC

Tomcat/Apache/JK(2)?

Ok, I'm not a newbie to Apache 2.x, Tomcat 4.x, JK2 with Java SDK 1.4.x
... I have gotten these to work over the years with few problems either
on a Windows or Linux environment.  I've modified the httpd.conf file
and workers2.properties files under Apache 2.x, and the server.xml and
jk2.properties under Tomcat 4.x.

However, now I am in unfamiliar territory once more.  I am working on
Windows 2000, and I want to use Apache 2.x which I have no problems
working with.  But now, I want it to work with Tomcat 5.5.x ...  so,
here the questions begins:

I understand that I should be using the Java SDK 1.5 now with Tomcat
5.5.x, is that correct?

I always thought that JK2 was the new version of JK.  I have always used
JK2 to connect tomcat 4.x to Apache 2.x.  I understand that JK2 is now
deprecated and is no longer getting any support?   Does this mean I
should now use JK to connect Tomcat 5.5.x with Apache 2.x?   Do I still
need a workers2.properties file?

Where can I find documentation on using JK in order to connect Apache
2.x with Tomcat 5.5.x?   Any sample files I need?

I know I've seen a lot of questions about this on this list and on the
net (yes, Google is my friend), but I only get bits and pieces of the
whole, I was looking for anything more comprehensive.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Tom

RE: Tomcat/Apache/JK(2)?

Posted by Didier McGillis <co...@hotmail.com>.
I too am a Apache/Tomcat/Modjk2 vet.  I have begun looking at moving to
Tomcat 5.5 and evaluating the need for Apache, as well as other connectors
for Modjk2.  One you can look at would be Apache Mod Proxy, apparently that
has caught on as an excellent way to connect Apache to Tomcat.