Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Varun1312 <ie...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/27 09:20:24 UTC

Does QPID C++ client support SSL channel encryption with RabbitMQ broker

I am evaluating multiple C/C++ clients for RabbitMQ mesasging broker. We are
evaluating Apache QPID. The deployment setup contains a RabbitMQ broker
v3.6.12(with rabbitmq-amqp1.0 plugin enabled) and a QPID C++ client.

Does QPID C++ client support SSL based channel encryption and also
authentication to the broker? I have gone through the documentation but I
did not find a concrete example of SSL based channel encryption using QPID
C++ client.

Re: Does QPID C++ client support SSL channel encryption with RabbitMQ broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 27/11/17 09:20, Varun1312 wrote:
> I am evaluating multiple C/C++ clients for RabbitMQ mesasging broker. We are
> evaluating Apache QPID. The deployment setup contains a RabbitMQ broker
> v3.6.12(with rabbitmq-amqp1.0 plugin enabled) and a QPID C++ client.
>
> Does QPID C++ client support SSL based channel encryption and also
> authentication to the broker?

Yes. C++ client is a little ambiguous as there are two, qpid::message
and proton. However both support SSL and SASL EXTERNAL.

I have gone through the documentation but I
> did not find a concrete example of SSL based channel encryption using QPID
> C++ client.

For proton c++ client, which uses openssl, see:

https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.18.1/proton/cpp/api/classproton_1_1ssl__server__options.html

and

https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-proton-0.18.1/proton/cpp/api/classproton_1_1connection__options.html#a5ce3c4591be545f5ae67f22ef64fb9ef

for qpid::messaging c++ client see: