Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jay Wright <jw...@once.com> on 2001/10/17 19:21:52 UTC

EJB: Jboss / Tomcat 4 on separate boxes

I am experimenting with a configuration that would put tomcat 4 as a
standalone on one or more machines, all working with an ejb container
(jboss) on a separate machine.

I am trying to get the configurations correct.  On the jboss machine, I've
installed the default (Interest) stateless session bean, tested it and it
works.

I am trying to access this same bean from one of the tomcat servers.  I've
added the following to the web.xml file for my webapp on tomcat (i basically
stole the ejb-jar.xml file from
JBOSS_DIST/examples/build-examples/interest/META-INF, then fit it to the DTD
for web.xml):

	<ejb-ref>
		 <description>JBoss Interest Sample
Application</description>
		 <ejb-ref-name>interest/Interest</ejb-ref-name>
		<ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
		<home>org.jboss.docs.interest.InterestHome</home>
		<remote>org.jboss.docs.interest.Interest</remote>
	</ejb-ref>

I've also added the jndi.properties file to the WEB-INF/classes directory
for my web app.

I have not chnaged anything on the jboss machine, after deploying and
testing the ejb's and client.

I'm trying to get some clarity on what needs to be configured on tomcat to
recognize the jndi server and then find this bean.

Thank you,
Jay