Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Michael Scholz <mi...@infogeneration.de> on 2003/08/25 16:10:18 UTC

auto-delete

Hello,

i've two associated tables (users and usergroup). The auto-update of usergroup works fine. But when i am trying to delete an user, only the entries of the table users are deleted.
Is it a bug or does auto-delete not mean that asscociated entries automatically deleted?

cu Micha

Re: auto-delete

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Michael,

I assume you have a usergroup with a 1:n association to user?
Usergroup has a collection-descriptor with auto-delete="true"?

In this case deleting a usergroup instance will delete all associated
user objects.
But deleting a user will not delete the respective usergroup.

To achieve this kind of deletion
you could define a reference-descriptor pointing from user to its
usergroup and set auto-delete="true".

cheers,
Thomas