Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Никита Миронов <n....@me.com> on 2012/11/25 17:25:16 UTC

Create instance

Hello.
Is it possible to create an instance with high settings? For example, 20 Ghz CPU and 16GB Memory.
Instantses standard characteristics is created without problems.

Re: Create instance

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Yeah - thats correct. Its based on service offering.
One small point to make on cluster.cpu.allocated.capacity.disablethreshold is that it is the maximum capacity you want to allocate in the "cluster".
So if it is set to 90% then new vms won't be allocated to any cluster which is 90% allocated for cpu already.

Re: Create instance

Posted by Marc Cirauqui <mc...@gmail.com>.

RE: Create instance

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.

Re: Create instance

Posted by Marc Cirauqui <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

RE: Create instance

Re: Create instance

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

RE: Create instance

Posted by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Matty Courtney <ma...@citrix.com>.
You can create instances as large as your hardware allows.

Note that the CPU speed is per vCPU, not a cumulative total, and your
underlying hardware must have physical cores large enough to accommodate a
vCPU. To get a VM that has 20GHz total you might create a service offering
with 8 vCPUs that are 2.5GHz each, unless you have a CPU with a 20GHz core
;-)