Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Johannes Zillmann <jz...@101tec.com> on 2008/03/13 01:47:27 UTC

file permission problem

Hi,

i have a question regarding the file permissions.
I have a kind of workflow where i submit a job from my laptop to a
remote hadoop cluster.
After the job finished i do some file operations on the generated output.
The "cluster-user" is different to the "laptop-user". As output i
specify a directory inside the users home. This output directory,
created through the map-reduce job has "cluster-user" permissions, so
this does not allow me to move or delete the output folder with my
"laptop-user".

So it looks as follow:
/user/jz/              rwxrwxrwx     jz            supergroup
/user/jz/output   rwxr-xr-x        hadoop    supergroup

I tried different things to achieve what i want (moving/deleting the
output folder):
- jobConf.setUser("hadoop") on the client side
- System.setProperty("user.name","hadoop") before jobConf instantiation
on the client side
- add user.name node in the hadoop-site.xml on the client side
- setPermision(777) on the home folder on the client side (does not work
recursiv)
- setPermision(777) on the output folder on the client side (permission
denied)
- create the output folder before running the job (Output directory
already exists exception)

None of the things i tried worked. Is there a way to achieve what i want ?
Any ideas appreciated!

cheers
Johannes

--