Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Radhika Sarang <Ra...@sylantro.com> on 2001/05/11 00:44:23 UTC

WSDL question

I'm interested in finding out the following:
How do I define an array of a complex type as a return value for an
operation?

For eg.

<message name="Authorization">

<part name="Auth" type="xsd1:Auth"/>

</message>

<message name="ExContacts">

<part name="ExContacts" type="xsd1:WMIExContact" />

</message>

<message name="Contacts">

<part name="Contacts" type="xsd1:WMIContact" />

</message>

<portType name="ContactsHandler">

<operation name="getAllExContacts">

<input message="Authorization" />

<output message="ExContacts"/>

</operation>

<operation name="getAllContacts" >

<input message="Authorization" />

<output message="Contacts" />

</operation>

</portType>

Here, I'd like to specify WMIExContact to be an array and WMIContact to be
an array, I tried to add a [] after WMIExContact in the type of the part,

but of course it bombed. Is there an easy way out, something obvious that I
am overlooking? I am using IBM WSTK.

Also, I had asked this question earlier but got no response, how do I create
a complextype that contains an array of another complextype?

Appreciate any help,

thanks,

Radhika