Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2008/01/23 17:21:11 UTC

autocomplete attribute in form widgets

I'd like to add support for the autocomplete attribute in form widgets.
The attribute autocomplete="on/off" is supported by most browsers in
input fields of type "password" and "text" and also in the "form"
element and it controls the autocomplete features of the browser.

If it ok to add this to the widgets framework? To which elements (I'd
say "form", "text" and "password")?

Jacopo

Re: autocomplete attribute in form widgets

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
That's more clear. You could leave the term "autocomplete", especially
if that's what the HTML attribute is called, and with the prefix it is
easier to understand (sorry, what I wrote was probably confusing).

-David

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
What about:

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> From: "David E Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>
>> This sounds good, but it might be confusing. The first thing I
>> thought  of (ie after reading your first sentence) was some sort of
>> AJAX-backed  auto-complete that uses server-side data.
>>
>> I think there is another term for this, like "autofill" or something.
>> If we do add an attribute for it in the form widget we should preface
>> it with something like "client-" or even "browser-" to make the
>> intent  clear.
>
> Yes, autofill is the most used word for that, adding more information
> seems wise.

Ah ah... sorry Jacques, I got your comment too late and I've committed
the version with the "autocomplete" word... If it is going to cause
confusion I will change it back to autofill, but maybe we can postpone
this decision.
Thanks for your advices,

Jacopo

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.