Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Williams <kw...@tarity.com> on 2003/04/14 01:50:17 UTC

mod_jk2...please help!

All,

I am on Redhat 8.0 with the default apache rpm install of 2.0.40 and
Tomcat 4.1.18.  I need to confure the two of these together.  I
previously posted a message asking if anyone know of a mod_jk2, or
mod_jk binary that would work with the configuration.  The jakarta site
only has versions for apache 2.0.42 and 2.0.43 for linux.

I have now downloaded the source code, and built the mod_jk2.so file.  I
am STILL getting the following error when I try to start apache:

"httpd failed. The error was: Stopping httpd: [FAILED]
Starting httpd: httpd: module "../../server/apache2/mod_jk2.c" is not
compatible with this version of Apache.
Please contact the vendor for the correct version.
[FAILED]"

I have NO IDEA what to do now.  Here are my steps I took for building
the mod_jk2.so file:

1.  Download the mod_jk2 source file.  I used the latest at the time
(which was v.2.0.2).
I found it at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk2/release/v2.0.2/src/.
2.  extract the file to wherever you want.
3.  find the apxs file on your computer.  For me, it was in
/usr/local/apache2/bin
4.  navigate to
{install_root_folder}/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/native2
5.  execute:  ./buildconf.sh
6.  execute:  ./configure --with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs
(include the apxs file)
7.  execute:  make (the mod_jk2.so is now created)
8.  move to the
{install_root_folder}/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/build/jk2/apache2.
9.  Verify the mod_jk2.so file is created.
10.  Copy this file to your appache modules folder.  For me, it is
/etc/httpd/modules.

Here are my config files:

mod_jk2.conf (included in httpd.conf file)
<IfModule !mod_jk2.c>
  LoadModule jk2_module /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so
</IfModule>
JkWorkersFile "/etc/tomcat4/workers.properties"
JkLogFile "/var/tomcat4/logs/mod_jk2.log"
JkLogLevel info
<VirtualHost localhost>
    ServerName localhost
    JkMount /admin testWorker1
    JkMount /admin/* testWorker1
</VirtualHost>

server.xml:
<Connector  className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
         port="8009"
         protocolHandlerClassName="org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler"
         minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
         acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

workers.properties:
# setting worker info
worker.list=testWorker1
worker.ajp13.port=8009
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.host=testWorker1

I have now spent approximately 20 hours on something I feel shouldn't
take more than 30 minutes, and am about ready to throw my computer out
the window.  The only thing I can think of here is I specified the
--with-apxs2 instead of --with-apxs.  This was because I originally
tried the --with-apxs and the build tool told me to change it to
--with-apxs2.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Kevin Williams