Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Dave Meagher <da...@inovie.com> on 2000/02/08 23:59:30 UTC

Pre-compiled JSP files using Tomcat?

Hello all,

	Is it possible to configure tomcat
to run using a JRE and pre-compiled JSP files
without the existence of javac?  Since most
JDKs are not re-distributable, before shipping
our JSP application we want to compile each
of the JSP files and then ship the generated
classes along with a JRE.  This also improves
"first experience" performance since JSP files
are not generated into Java files and then compiled.

	Currently we're shipping our product
with ServletExec from NewAtlanta which allows
us to do exactly this.

Thanks in advance!

Dave Meagher
Inovie Software
http://www.inovie.com

Re: Pre-compiled JSP files using Tomcat?

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
note to self: drinking and typing is a no-no

Re: jspc?

Posted by Danno Ferrin <sh...@earthlink.net>.
It's not in the M1 release, that's why.  Use the M2 or beta release.  @
is shift 2 and was a typing boo-boo.