Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brandon Fish <br...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/14 21:47:30 UTC

Modifying Configuration from a Browser

Does anyone have any examples of modifying a configuration file, like
"elevate.xml" from a browser? Is there an API that would help for this?

If nothing exists for this, I am considering implementing something that
would change the "elevate.xml" file then reload the core. Or is there a
better approach for dynamic configuration?

Thank you.

Re: Modifying Configuration from a Browser

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Brandon,

actually afaik there is no ability to to this, not via API or something
else.

If you really want to start building such an API, would you mind to
build an generic one? I'm asking because this was already requested as
feature for the new admin UI
[https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2399?focusedCommentId=13007832&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13007832]

Regards
Stefan

Posted by Stefan Moises <mo...@shoptimax.de>.
jFM sounds good... I have written a little stand-alone Servlet that
reads in the XML/TXT Solr configuration files using Apache Commons IO,
outputs the current content for editing and writes it back to the file
system and after that I fire a CURL request from my (PHP based)
administration panel to reload the core...

cheers
Stefan

--
Mit den besten Grüßen aus Nürnberg,
Stefan Moises

Stefan Moises
Senior Softwareentwickler

shoptimax GmbH
Guntherstraße 45 a
90461 Nürnberg
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 21703
GF Friedrich Schreieck

Tel.: 0911/25566-25
Fax:  0911/25566-29
moises@shoptimax.de
http://www.shoptimax.de

Re: Modifying Configuration from a Browser

Posted by Paul Libbrecht <pa...@hoplahup.net>.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Rather than reinventing wheels here, I think that fronting the conf/
: directory with a WebDAV server would be a great way to go.  I'm not
: familiar with the state-of-the-art of WebDAV servers these days but
: there might be something pretty trivial that can be configured in Tomcat
: to do this?  Or maybe some servlet (or .war) that can be installed?

right, this idea has come up a couple times i nthe past and the concensus
was that "uploading config files" wasn't something we should role our own
code for -- if there's a nice WAR out there to manage this that we can
include in the example jetty setup then i'm totally +1, but i don't really
think it belongs embedded in the solr.war.

-Hoss

Re: Modifying Configuration from a Browser

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Way Cool <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.