Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Puneet Agarwal <pu...@rediffmail.com> on 2002/12/27 20:17:47 UTC

Struts XML - XSL

I know that this topic has been dicsussed in this forum a number
of times.
I came to know this from mail archives, but my question still
remains unanswered.

In our application we have to generate some XML documents apart
 from HTML screens.
The intent here is to send these XML documents to a Swing client
through a socket.

there is also a possibility that some of the screens may be
required in both HTML and Swing.

I have been searching for information on this for past few days.

one of the nice option that I cam acorss is described on URL

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-02-2002/jw-0201-strutsxslt.html

while going through the struts mail archives, I came acorss a mail
written by Craig on 06/12/2000

the mail can be accessed on link

http://www.servlets.com/archive/servlet/ReadMsg?msgId=18247&listName=struts-dev

Here Craig talks about developing some facility within struts
which could do the same.

Does struts have such a facility.

Would be grateful if someone cuold give some tips/links, which
could help me in deciding as what is the best option.

Regards
Puneet

Regards
Puneet Agarwal

Re: Struts XML - XSL

Posted by Taylor Cowan <t....@charter.net>.
There was an article on JavaWorld regarding struts/XML/XSLT, however, it
wasn't clear to me what you are trying to do.  If you're using struts you'd
most likely use HTTP, not simple sockets.  In that case the action perform
would return null after setting the response type to text/xml, and writing
the xml text to the response.  There's not much to say on the topic.

It sounds like you're needing some type of UI abstraction layer.  There are
tons of those out there these days.  XForms is prominent.  altio.com has
one, or you could abstract a UI as XML on your own.

Taylor

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>