Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "David J. Marcus" <dj...@allegent.net> on 2005/07/15 15:46:48 UTC

a bug? - Tomcat 5.5 HTTP post buffer contains trailing zeros

I'm a first time user of this forum. If I'm posting a question
incorrectly, please advise (and accept my apologies).

-----------------

Switched to Tomcat 5 from version 4.

I'm using HTTPS to post a URL-encoded buffer which often exceeds 4K in
length.

On the Tomcat side, the received buffer has the correct size but all the
bytes past 4096 are zero (the front 4K bytes are correct).

Problem does not exist in Tomcat 4.

I cannot find any configuration parameter that might address this issue
other than 'maxPostSize'. The connector we use does not specify the
maxPostSize (so it should default to 2MB according to documentation).

Any suggestions? workaround?

Is this a Tomcat bug?

-Thanks in advance

David