Posted to dev@systemml.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/02 02:12:51 UTC

Re: December 2015 Report

On Mon, Nov 30, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Any volunteers for this month report ?
>
> Please take at the links below for report examples:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2015
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2015
>

> Once we review it here, I can update the wiki page.

Anyone volunteering to handle this ?

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: December 2015 Report

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 3:12 PM, Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Luciano,
>
> Here are a few ideas... Perhaps others can add to or modify this? Luciano,
> could you generate numbers for the user count on the dev list and the
> message count on the dev list since we became an Apache Incubator project?
>
> * A list of the three most important issues to address in the move towards
> graduation.
> 1. Grow SystemML community: active mailing list, promote developer
> involvement in codebase, increase adoption of SystemML for scalable machine
> learning, encourage data scientists to use DML and PyDML algorithm scripts,
> respond to user feedback to ensure SystemML meets the requirements of
> real-world situations, write papers, and present SystemML at conferences.
> 2. Core library improvements, including Apache Spark integration.
> 3. Improved SystemML documentation to lower the learning curve.
>

> * Any issues that the Incubator PMC or ASF Board might wish/need to be
> aware of?
> We expect that the SystemML Apache JIRA site will be available shortly, as
> detailed in INFRA-10714.
>

> * How has the community developed since the last report?
> Message count: dev@ - ?(Luciano, can you report the number of messages on
>
> Could someone please mention any conference presentations or papers?
>

> * How has the project developed since the last report?
> Since becoming an Apache Incubator project on 2015-11-02, there have been
> 51 commits to the project (determined via git log --pretty=oneline
> --since=2015-11-02 | wc -l)
>

> Deron

Thanks Deron, I have updated the report to the Incubator wiki page

https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2015

Re: December 2015 Report

Posted by Deron Eriksson <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,