Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/24 21:05:37 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.0 RC2

Hi all,

I built RC2 for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.0.
The RC2 coming with the following fixes of issues in REST API:
QPID-6948: [Broker-J] Fix generation of json response for operations
returning void
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-broker-j.git;h=4ba0211>
QPID-6948: [Broker-J] Fix handling of requests for unsupported category
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-broker-j.git;h=eccf0fc>
QPID-6948: [Broker-J] REST requests returning inherited context should be
able to return the inherited context from SystemConfig in REST API for
versions 6.1 and 7.0
<https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-broker-j.git;h=e7a0f0f>

Please, give it a test out and vote accordingly.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/broker-j/7.1.0-rc2

The maven artefacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1166

The new versions comes with a number of improvements and bug fixes.
You can find the full list of JIRAs included into the release here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310520&version=12338931

Kind Regards,
Alex

P.S. For testing of maven broker staging repo artefacts, please add into to
your poms the staging repo as below:

<repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1166</url>
    </repository>
</repositories>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.0 RC2

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 24/12/18 21:05, Oleksandr Rudyy wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I built RC2 for Qpid Broker-J version 7.1.0.
> The RC2 coming with the following fixes of issues in REST API:
> QPID-6948: [Broker-J] Fix generation of json response for operations
> returning void
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-broker-j.git;h=4ba0211>
> QPID-6948: [Broker-J] Fix handling of requests for unsupported category
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-broker-j.git;h=eccf0fc>
> QPID-6948: [Broker-J] REST requests returning inherited context should be
> able to return the inherited context from SystemConfig in REST API for
> versions 6.1 and 7.0
> <https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-broker-j.git;h=e7a0f0f>
>
> Please, give it a test out and vote accordingly.

+1 (verified checksum and signature, compiled and ran all tests, ran all
python proton examples and qpid:messaging c++ client/server example
against it

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid Broker-J 7.1.0 RC2

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1.

My testing was:

1) Verified the sha512 checksums on all distribution artefacts
2) Verified signatures on all the distribution artefacts
3) Reviewed NOTICE/LICENSE files.
4) Ran apache RAT
5) Built from source bundle and ran test profiles: mms//bdb/dby with
AMQP1.0 and bdb with 0.10/0-9  (overridden to use Qpid JMS Client
0.40.0 and Netty 4.1.32.Final) using JVM 1.8.0_191-b12
6) Generally kicked the tyres within the Web Management Console using
Broker from the tar,gz bundle
7) Spun up an embedded Broker-J using the staged maven artefacts.

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1