Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hanasaki JiJi <ha...@hanaden.com> on 2002/12/02 04:13:53 UTC

tomcat 4.1.12 log of pages hit

I dont seem to find the web hit logs?  The ones that can be run through
webtrends.

Where are they?

Re: tomcat 4.1.12 log of pages hit

Posted by Peng Tuck Kwok <pe...@makmal.net>.
Most log files are in the logs directory, one for each context. I'm not
sure if it is compulsory to define a logfile for a context, but if you
don't then that's probably why you don't have a log file.

Posted by Jon Eaves <jo...@eaves.org>.
Unless you have implemented an AccessLogValve in the Engine, Host
or Context they will be nowhere.

By default they end up in the logs directory.

Oh, and all that information is in the Tomcat documentation.

Have a look here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/index.html

That's a good starting point, and the specific page to have a look
at is any of the links under "Containers".  Each of them has a
section called Access Logs under a heading "Special Features" that
describes how to use it.  Under that is a hyperlink which describes
how the AccessLogValve works.  That is found on this page:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html

The attribute that is important is the 'directory' attribute.

Cheers,
	-- jon

--
Jon Eaves <jo...@eaves.org>