Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Sunny Soung <lo...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/28 10:05:35 UTC

Migrate to Latest Version

Hi,

I'm looking for a clue on migration.

I've got a server running ApacheDS 1.5.7 for like 2 years. And I want to
build a new server and run 2.0.0-M17.

How can I migrate all the data from 1.5.7 to 2.0.0-M17?

Any information will be appreciated.

Regards,
Sunny

Re: Migrate to Latest Version

Posted by Sunny Soung <lo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Emmanuel and Kiran. My problem is solved.

Best regards,
Sunny

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 6:03 PM, Sunny Soung <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your help, Kiran. But I didn't make it.
>
> I used Apache Directory Studio to export all the subtree from 'dn=company,
> dn=com' to a LDIF file. Then I imported that file to the new server but
> failed. I couldn't recall the exact error message. But I remember there
> were more than 1 errors. After changing the password policy, one of the
> errors was gone.
>
> most likely the entries were not ordered,  for example
ou=users,dc=company,dc=com
should be present _after_ dc=company,dc=com in the LDIF file
otherwise the import will fail

how many entries do you have?

> Anyway, my export/import method seemed not working. And I'm worried if the
> password attribute could work correctly or not after the export/import. I
> need the attribute for user authentication.
>
> no, nothing happens to your passwords

> Is there other ways to export the data? Or did I do something wrong?
>
> sadly, none at the moment

feel free to let us know if you still have issues with importing (after
sorting the entries manually)

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com