Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sambhav Rathore <Sa...@infosys.com> on 2012/08/23 15:09:07 UTC

Need help regarding Unicode extraction while passing variable captured.

Hi All,
For testing purpose, we are required to capture a variable from server side, which we are capturing using Post Processor Regular Expression Extractor. It is in the format abcde123838fgh&#x2a;z5bB7Wg. The part <&#x2a;> is the Unicode for * sign. I need to convert this part of captured variable into * for all occurences. I cannot find a method to do that as Jmeter does not support Unicode. Kindly help if anyone knows how to handle this problem.

Thanks In Advance,
Sambhav

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Need help regarding Unicode extraction while passing variable captured.

Posted by Niraj <ni...@gmail.com>.
Here is solution:

Method Name :

encodeURIComponent

Implementation:

${__javaScript(myOutput=encodeURIComponent('${extractedvalue}');,myOutput)}

Replace the Parameter value with the above code where we want to use the
value.

extractedvalue : Value which reg will gives you.

Let me know if it works.

- Niraj

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 7:28 PM, sharmila Renganathan <sharmila1.r@gmail.com

Posted by sharmila Renganathan <sh...@gmail.com>.