Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/25 22:53:49 UTC

Continuous Integration

Hi all,

I really want to set up CI for iBATIS.  I'm planning on implementing it for:

   - The website.  Committed site changes will be automatically
   deployed.  This will improve consistency, simplify and reduce risk of
   deployment (e.g. accidentally deleting docs folders, or forgetting to
   change permissions).
   - Nightly build.  Although we should be releasing official versions
   more often than we are, a quick-fix is to offer a nightly build.  The code
   in our SVN is stable by practice  (we don't commit untested code that
   breaks), so there's little risk to our users if they want to run a nightly
   build.

So a couple of questions this raises are:

   - What tools are available/preferred by Apache infrastructure? (Cruise
   Control, Anthill, cron?)
   - What can we do for our .NET friends?  CC.NET hosted somewhere else?

FWIW:  I'm cool with hosting a CI server offsite.  CC.NET can build Java and
Ruby projects just as easily as .NET projects.  But I don't think Apache has
any windows boxes.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Clinton

Re: Continuous Integration

Posted by netsql <ce...@gmail.com>.
go ci!
cc!

Does the ibatis.net work w/ mono? so we can host on linux?
else something like http://www.dailyrazor.com/servers/windows_servers.php.

.V

Re: Continuous Integration

Posted by Gilles Bayon <ib...@gmail.com>.
+1 +1
I realy like to have CI.NET

--
Cheers,
Gilles

Re: Continuous Integration

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Here's another link to the zone stuff, if we want to try requesting an
ibatis zone.

* http://apache.org/dev/solaris-zones.html

I could help out with the infrastructure stuff in about a month from now.

-Ted.

--
HTH, Ted.
* http://www.husted.com/struts/